This page should give you all the practice and advice you need. Our practice tests are created by the same psychologists who design tests for the likes of SHL, Kenexa and Talent Q. So our test platform and example questions will give you a good feel for the numerical tests employers use. Performing your best in your numerical reasoning test is all about practice, and knowing what to expect!
With thousands of job applicants to choose from, it's common for employers to use aptitude testing to sift the good candidates from the mediocre. The most common way for employers to use numerical reasoning tests is online, after they have accepted your CV or initial application form. If you pass your online test larger employers tend to then invite you to an assessment centre. Often employers ask you to sit a repeat test at the assessment centre to verify that you are indeed the same person who scored that great score on the online test, so don't get your friends to help with your online test! The best way to familiarise yourself with these tests is to take one of our free example numerical reasoning tests below.
As well as taking example tests, you should read the advice and findings below on how these tests work and what they measure
By taking example numerical reasoning tests you will become familiar with the question format. Luckily for you most employers use a similar format of numerical reasoning test, which means it's easy to get some realistic practice beforehand.
The great thing about the numerical reasoning tests used for employment selection is that they are not the same as a maths test. You don't have to remember formulae or write long proofs. The important characteristics of a numerical reasoning test are:
- Multiple choice answers - no longhand answers or showing your working-out.
- No prior knowledge required - no equations to memorise (or surreptitiously write on your arm).
- Strict time limits - some are generous while some are very short.
- Relevant to the workplace - modern tests are based on the kind of numerical information you would deal with in the job.
- Based on only the information given - you should not make assumptions about data you are not given.
Clicking on "Get this deal" will re-direct you to our partner's page