Ideal for investment banking, equity research professionals and real estate professionals with a focus on the REIT industry. You will build both financial and valuation models for an actual REIT from scratch, using a step-by-step approach. Along the way, we will demystify the REIT industry’s drivers, financial statements and corporate structure, and cover key concepts like FFO, AFFO, and CAD, and NAV.
What you will learn:
- In-depth REIT industry profile, drivers, terminology, tax advantages and structure (UPREIT’s and DOWNREIT’s)
- Segment-level modeling (same store properties, acquisitions, developments, and dispositions)
- REIT sector-specific drivers and forecasting best practices
- Common REIT valuation approaches including Net Asset Value (NAV), comparable company and transaction analyses, and discounted cash flow (DCF) analysis
- Modeling REIT-specific metrics and ratios – funds from operations (FFO) and adjusted funds from operations (AFFO / CAD)
How to follow the course:
- Click on "Get this deal"
- You will be redirected to our partner website