This course is developed specifically for restructuring-focused investment bankers, consultants and distress debt investors. Using the high-profile Borders bankruptcy as the primary case study, trainees will learn the restructuring framework, followed by building a step-by-step three-statement bankruptcy model, including robust debt and creditor schedules, DIP / cash flow analysis and a recovery waterfall.
Model some of the most challenging aspects of a bankruptcy, including:
- Working capital reclassifications, such as critical vendors/AP
- DIP financing, borrowing base and availability calculations, adequate protection payments.
- Balance sheet roll-forward schedules that maintain a consistent link structure to the cash flow statement and increase transparency
- Fees, rejection claims and CODI
- Model recoveries at various operating scenarios
- Construction of a recovery waterfall that can accommodate scenarios that deviate from the absolute priority rule
- Using conditional formatting and Excel’s native date formulas to sensitize for different filing and emergence date scenarios
- Avoiding circular references in the model while maintaining model integrity
- Incorporating best practices for error-proofing, auditing, and model efficiency
- Understanding how Fresh Start Accounting affects the model
How to follow the course:
- Click on "Get this deal"
- You will be redirected to our partner website